| New Customers Only | 21+
Big hats and adrenaline.
These are just some of the things which can be found at the racing track.
Irrational rage and shattered dreams may also find their way around the track.
Add in a healthy dose of giddy excitement and you have your typical racing day.
The track is full of extreme emotions and killer moments.
We decided to put together some of the ups and downs that most race-fans go through.
- 1. When you first realize just how fast a gallop is
- 2. When your horse is disqualified for a false start
- 3. When your horse loses at a photo finish
- 4.When you sneak your way into the owner’s section
- 5. When you left your glasses at home and you can’t read the past performances
- 6.When you bet $2 on the horse with the worst odds and it somehow wins
- 7. When this gives you the perfect opportunity for a victory dance
- 8. When you subsequently lose and have to wipe that smug smile off your face
- 9. When you place a wager on the brightest silks
- 10. When your phones dies and your handicapping tips are cut off
1. When you first realize just how fast a gallop is
It just blows your mind.
And you start to wonder how the jockeys manage to stay upright and graceful.
Its a miraculous moment for any new track-goer
2. When your horse is disqualified for a false start
It doesn’t matter whether you are at the Breeder’s Cup or at a low-key race with your family.
You can’t help but despair when your chosen horse doesn’t make it to the end of the race.
However, even with the best instinct in the world, this happens to the best of us.
3. When your horse loses at a photo finish
So close yet so SO far.
4.When you sneak your way into the owner’s section
You may not be able to pull this off every single time but when you do, it feels fantastic.
Tip: If you dress the part wait for a busy day on the track, there are slim chances that you will be asked for a ticket.
Many get in on a good hat.
5. When you left your glasses at home and you can’t read the past performances
Even for race-goers with 20/20 vision reading the program can be a challenge.
The font is undeniably tiny.
However, everyone gets that sinking feeling when they realize that left their specs on the bedside table.
Suddenly you have no way of knowing if Honeydust came first or last in his last 4 races.
How old is he and what track did he last race on?
Note: If you can see perfectly but want to learn how to decipher a racing program before your next trip to the track, check out our article.
6.When you bet $2 on the horse with the worst odds and it somehow wins
This is a moment of pure triumph in every horse racing fan’s day .
You go to the counter to get your riches and feel like nothing can ever hurt.
The horse with the best odds only wins 33% of the time so this moment has the come around sometimes..
7. When this gives you the perfect opportunity for a victory dance
You’ve been practicing it for years and there is no better place for its grand opening than on the track.
8. When you subsequently lose and have to wipe that smug smile off your face
That’s the joy of betting.
As you as you feel invincible you start making irrational wagers.
You win some you lose some.
You may feel a little disappointed but you are still buzzing from your victory.
Plus, you still have alot of money left.
9. When you place a wager on the brightest silks
Every horse enthusiast may spend ages studying the program but we have all placed a bet on the Jockey with the best silks.
The real pro’s do this because they know and trust the owner represented by those silks.
The newbie just pick the silks which tickle their fancy.
The superstitious will opt for their lucky color
It doesn’t matter what category you are in. This is a key moment to indulge in at the races…
10. When your phones dies and your handicapping tips are cut off
Even though you can bet live at the races many of us also like to bet via online platforms simultaneously.
Or, at the very least, we like to be able to browse for handicapping tips.
The commentators may tell you one thing but an impartial web source gives every punter more peace of mind.
Its gutting wrenching when your phones dies and suddenly, you are on your own.
If you think of any more moments which make your day at the track please share them with us in the comments section below.