The Breeders Cup in one of the most well-known and widely respected dates on the horse racing calendar.
The Breeders Cup 2019 is now over and the winners have been announced. Vino Rosso has
This year’s edition took place on Friday, the 1st and Saturday the 2nd of November, at Santa Anita Park in California. The Breeders Cup 2020 is planned to take place on November, 6-7.
Where to Bet on the Breeders Cup Entries
If you're planning to bet on the Breeders Cup, it's a good idea to check out whether online horse betting sites offer competitive Breeders Cup odds.
- Where to Bet on the Breeders Cup Entries
- Breeders Cup Winners 2019
- Breeders Cup Classic Entries 2019
- Big Ass Fans Breeders Cup Dirt Mile Entries & Odds 2019
- Maker's Mark Breeders Cup Filly & Mare Turf Entries 2019
- Breeders Cup Juvenile Turf Sprint Entries & Odds 2019
- Breeders Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf Entries & Odds 2019
- Breeders Cup Juvenile Fillies Entries & Odds 2019
- Breeders Cup Juvenile Turf Entries & Odds 2019 (presented by Coolmore America)
- Breeders Cup TVG Juvenile Entries & Odds 2019
- Breeders Cup Filly & Mare Sprint Entries & Odds 2019
- Breeders Cup Turf Sprint Entries & Odds 2019
- Breeders Cup Sprint Entries & Odds 2019
- Breeders Cup TVG Mile Entries & Odds 2019
- Breeders Cup Longines Distaff Entries & Odds 2019
- Breeders Cup Program & Free Past-Performances 2019
- About the Breeders Cup World Championship Series
- Bet Online on the Breeders Cup 2019
- Breeders Cup Round-Up
Breeders Cup Winners 2019
|Longines Classic||Vino Rosso|
|Longines Turf||Brick and Mortar|
|Longines Distaff||Blue Prize|
|Maker’s Mark Filly & Mare Turf||Iridessa|
|Big Ass Fans Dirt Mile||Spun the Run|
|Turf Sprint||Belvoir Bay|
|Filly & Mare Sprint||Covfefe|
|TVG Juvenile||Storm the Court|
|Juvenile Turf Sprint||Breeze Easy|
|Juvenile Fillies Turf||Sharing|
|Juvenile Fillies||British Idiom|
Breeders Cup Classic Entries 2019
Here are the latest odds for the Breeders Cup Horses (via TVG).
The Breeders Cup Classic will be closing the series on Saturday, November the 2nd at 8:44 p.m ET. Watch it live on TV, online or via TVG.
|Horse & Post Position||Jockey & Trainer||Odds|
|1. Math Wizard||Ricardo Santana Jr. Saffie Joseph, Jr.||30-1|
|2. Seeking the Soul||B. Hernandez Jr. Dallas Stewart||20-1|
|3. Owendale||Javier Castellano Brad Cox||15-1|
|4. War of Will||Tyler Gaffalione Mark Casse||20-1|
|5. Yoshida (JPN)||Mike Smith William I. Mott||8-1|
|6. Elate||Jose Ortiz William Mott||6-1|
|7. Higher Power||Flavien Prat John W. Sadler||6-1|
|8. McKinzie||Joel Rosario Bob Baffert||3-1|
|9. Mongolian Groom||A. Cedillo Enebish Ganbat||12-1|
|10. Vino Rosso||Irad Ortiz Jr. Todd Pletcher||4-1|
|11. Code of Honor||John Velazquez Claude R. McGaughey III||4-1|
Breeders Cup Classic Predictions
We start with the pinnacle, the Breeders Cup Classic, run over a mile and a quarter. There is a battle for favoritism here with the market currently favoring Mckinzie over Code of Honor and Vino Rosso.
The latter two carry the same form line into this race, with a nose separating them in a thrilling contest last time out over at Belmont Park.
Code of Honor got the race in the stewards room that day but although there was nothing between them, the pace setup in this Classic could be more favorable for Code of Honor this time around.
Our selection, however, comes in the form of the current Breeders Cup Classic favorite, Mckinzie.
He disappointed this time last year over at Churchill Downs when well fancied by connections but he has bounced back since with some solid performances this year.
He’s been trained again with this race in mind, and although turned over at odds of ⅕ (1.20) last time out, that run will have put him spot on for this contest.
This is Bob Baffert’s sole runner in the Classic, and it would be no surprise to see him take home a 4th Classic in the last six years following the successes of Bayern, American Pharaoh, and Arrogate.
Big Ass Fans Breeders Cup Dirt Mile Entries & Odds 2019
1-mile race for three-year-old horses on dirt. Saturday, November 2nd, at 4:10 p.m. ET.
- Giant Expectations ( Jose Ortiz / Peter A. Eurton) – 12-1
- Improbable (Rafael Bejarano / Bob Baffert) – 3-1
- Spun to Run (Irad Ortiz Jr. / Juan Carlos Guerrero) – 6-1
- Mr. Money (Gabriel Saez / W. Bret Calhoun) – 6-1
- Omaha Beach (Mike Smith / Richard E. Mandella) – 8-5
- Ambassadorial (Jamie Spencer / Jane Chapple-Hyam) – 30-1
- Coal Front (Javier Castellano / Todd A. Pletcher) – 6-1
- Blue Chipper (Flavien Prat / Kim Young Kwan) – 20-1
- Diamond Oops (Julien Leparoux / Patrick L. Biancone) – 15-1
- Snapper Sinclair (Ricardo Santana Jr. / Steven M. Asmussen) – 30-1
Dirt Mile Predictions
Looking elsewhere, one of the biggest Breeders Cup favorites this year is Richard Mandela’s Omaha Beach in the Breeders Cup Dirt Mile.
Having started his career on turf, he has really relished the switch to dirt and is now bidding for a 5 timer in this contest having seen off rivals such as Game Winner, Improbable and Shancealot in his recent starts.
That all leads to a compelling case, and it will be interesting to see if he can justify strong favoritism.
An interesting selection at a better price may be Catalina Cruiser, who was strongly fancied from a bad draw for this race last year and has 3 wins from 3 starts since.
Maker's Mark Breeders Cup Filly & Mare Turf Entries 2019
1.25 miles on grass race for three-year-old fillies and mares and older. Saturday the 2nd of November at 4:54 p.m. ET.
- Iridessa (IRE) (Wayne Lordan / Joseph O'Brien) – 8-1
- Sistercharlie (IRE) (John Velazquez / Chad C. Brown) – 8-5
- Fleeting (IRE) (Ryan Moore / Aidan P. O'Brien) – 6-1
- Billesdoon Brook (GB) (Sean Levey / Richard Hannon) – 10-1
- Mirth (Mike Smith / Philip D'Amato) – 20-1
- Thais (FR) (Manuel Franco / Chad C. Brown) – 30-1
- Vasilika (Flavien Prat / Dan Ward) – 8-1
- Castle Lady (IRE) (Mickael Barzalona / Henri Alex Pantall) – 15-1
- Villa Marina (GB) (Olivier Peslier / Carlos Laffon-Parias) – 8-1
- Mrs. Sippy (Joel Rosario / H. Graham Motion) – 8-1
- Just Wonderful (William Buick / Aidan P. O'Brien) – 20-1
- Fanny Logan (IRE) (Lafranco Dettori / John H.M. Gosden) – 15-1
Filly & Mare Turf Predictions
One of the most compelling bets on the card, and the strongest Breeders Cup pick that we have, comes in the form of Sistercharlie in the Filly & Mare Turf.
The mare has a fantastic record since moving to the US from France, and she has seen off all before her on all but two of her US starts. That included victory in this race last year where she saw off some nice types from Europe, and with Magical recently retired, the competition looks to be relatively weak this year.
In Sistercharlie, we have one of America’s very best females on the turf, and she should be able to rack up her 2nd Breeders Cup victory for trainer Chad Brown and jockey Jonny Velasquez.
Breeders Cup Juvenile Turf Sprint Entries & Odds 2019
Two-year-old horses racing on a grass course. Distance: 51/2 miles. It will take place on Friday, November 1st at 4:12 p.m. ET.
- Chimney Rock (Jose Ortiz / Michael J. Maker) – 10-1
- Band Practice (IRE) (Jamie Spencer / Archie Watson) – 12-1
- Another Miracle (Manuel Franco / Gary Contessa) – 15-1
- Dream Shot (IRE) (Christoher Hayes / James Tate) – 15-1
- Encoder (AE) (Flavien Prat / John W. Sadler) – 15-1
- Alligator Alley (GB) ( Wayne Lordan / Joseph O'Brien) – 12-1
- Kimari (John Velazquez / Wesley A. Ward) – 7-2
- DR Simpson (FR) (Richard Kingscote / Tom Dascombe) – 15-1
- Four Wheel Drive (Irad Ortiz Jr. / Wesley A. Ward) – 3-1
- A'Ali (IRE) (Lafranco Dettori / Simon Crisford) – 6-1
- King Neptune (Ryan Moore / Aidan P. O'Brien) – 15-1
- Cambria (Tyler Gaffalione / Wesley A. Ward) – 12-1
- Bulletproof One (AE) (Javier Castellano / Peter Miller) – 12-1
- Air Force Jet (GB) (AE) (Wayne Lordan / Joseph O'Brien) – 12-1
- Fore Left (AE) (Mario Gutierrez / Doug F. O'Neill) – 12-1
- Karak (AE) (Julio Garcia / Wesley A. Ward) – 15-1
Breeders Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf Entries & Odds 2019
Two-year-old fillies race of a distance of 1 mile on grass turf. The race is on Friday, November 1st at 4:52 p.m. ET.
- Living in the Past (IRE) (Daniel Tudhope / Karl Burke) – 15-1
- Croughavouke (IRE) (Flavien Prat / Jeff Mullins) – 20-1
- Shadn (IRE) (Jamie Spencer / Andrew M. Balding) – 10-1
- Abscond (Irad Ortiz Jr. / Eddie Kenneally) – 15-1
- Daahyeh (GB) (William Buick / Roger Varian) – 5-1
- Unforgetable (IRE) (Wayne Lordan / Joseph O'Brien) – 20-1
- Crystalle (Joel Rosario / John C. Kimmel DVM) – 8-1
- Tango (IRE) (Ryan Moore / Aidan P. O'Brien) – 10-1
- Albigna (IRE) (Shane Foley / Mrs. John Harrington) – 9-2
- Fair Maiden (Drayden Van Dyke / Eoin G. Harty) – 12-1
- Sharing (Manuel Franco / H. Graham Motion) – 12-1
- Sweet Melania (Jose Ortiz / Todd A. Pletcher) – 5-1
- Selflessly (Javier Castellano / Chad C. Brown) – 8-1
- Etoile (Lafranco Dettori / Aidan P. O'Brien) – 12-1
Breeders Cup Juvenile Fillies Entries & Odds 2019
Two-year-old Fillies on a distance of 1+1/16 miles on dirt. Friday, November 1st at 5:32 p.m. ET.
- Donna Veloce (Flavien Prat / Simon Callaghan) – 3-1
- Two Sixty (Edgard Zayas / Mark E. Casse) – 15-1
- Perfect Alibi (Irad Ortiz Jr. / Mark E. Casse) – 10-1
- British Idiom (Javier Castellano / Brad Cox) – 7-2
- Lazy Daisy (Rafael Bejarano / Doug F. O'Neill) – 12-1
- Bast (John Velazquez / Bob Baffert) – 7-2
- Wicked Whisper (Joel Rosario / Steven M. Asmussen) – 7-2
- K P Dreamin (Ruben Fuentes / Jeff Mullins) – 20-1
- Comical (Abel Cedillo / Doug F. O'Neill) – 8-1
Breeders Cup Juvenile Turf Entries & Odds 2019 (presented by Coolmore America)
This race is for two-year-old thoroughbreds. The distance is 1 mile and the turf is grass. Friday, November 1st at 6:12 p.m. ET.
- Our Country (John Velazquez / George Weaver) – 15-1
- Structor (Jose Ortiz / Chad C. Brown) – 5-1
- Peace Achieved (Miguel Mena / Mark E. Casse) – 10-1
- Decorated Invader (Irad Ortiz Jr. / Christophe Clement) – 4-1
- Vitalogy (GB) (Javier Castellano / Brendan P. Walsh) – 10-1
- Graceful Kitten (Hector Berrios / Amador Merei Sanchez) – 15-1
- Andesite (Joel Rosario / Brad Cox) – 12-1
- Billy Batts (Paco Lopez / Peter Miller) – 20-1
- Gear Jockey (Tyler Gaffalione / George R. Arnold II) – 20-1
- War Beast (Abel Cedillo / Doug F. O'Neill) – 20-1
- Proven Strategies (Edgard Zayas / Mark E. Casse) – 30-1
- Arizona (IRE) (Ryan Moore / Aidan P. O'Brien) – 5-2
- Fort Myers (Wayne Lordan / Aidan P. O'Brien) – 12-1
- Hit The Road (Flavien Prat / Dan Blacker) – 10-1
- Deviant (AE) (Lane Luzzi / Danny Pish) – 30-1
Breeders Cup TVG Juvenile Entries & Odds 2019
Two-year-old colts and geldings run a distance of 1+1/6 miles on grass. Friday, November 1st, at 7:03 p.m. ET. The race is sponsored by TVG.
- Dennis' Moment (Irad Ortiz Jr. / Dale L. Romans) – 8-5
- Wrecking Crew (Paco Lopez / Peter Miller) – 20-1
- Shoplifted (Ricardo Santana Jr. / Steven M. Asmussen) – 20-1
- Storm The Court (Flavien Prat / Peter A. Eurton) – 20-1
- Scabbard (Mike Smith / Eddie Kenneally) – 8-1
- Eight Rings (John Velazquez / Bob Baffert) – 2-1
- Anneau D'Or (Juan Hernandez / Blaine Wright) – 15-1
- Full Flat (Yutaka Take / Hideyuki Mori) – 30-1
Breeders Cup Filly & Mare Sprint Entries & Odds 2019
Race for three-year-old fillies and mares on dirt turf over a distance of a 7/8 of a mile. This race opens the second and final day of the Breeders Cup on Saturday, November 2nd, at 2:55 p.m. ET.
- Covfefe (Joel Rosario / Brad Cox) – 2-1
- Danushka's My Girl (Geovanni Franco / Dan Ward) – 20-1
- Heavenhasmynikki (Ricardo Santana Jr. / Robert B. Hess Jr.) – 20-1
- Come Dancing (Javier Castellano / Carlos Martin) – 5-2
- Lady Ninja (Drayden Van Dyke / Richard Baltas) – 10-1
- Bellafina (Flavien Prat / Simon Callaghan) – 6-1
- Selcourt (Luis Saez / John W. Sadler) – 10-1
- Dawn The Destroyer (Tyler Gaffalione / Kiaran P. McLaughlin) – 12-1
- Spiced Perfection (John Velazquez / Peter Miller) – 4-1
Breeders Cup Turf Sprint Entries & Odds 2019
6.5 furlongs race on grass with three-year-olds. Saturday, November 2nd, at 3:33 p.m. ET.
- Totally Boss (Jose Ortiz / George R. Arnold II) – 5-1
- Pure Sensation (Paco Lopez / Christophe Clement) – 5-1
- Imprimis (Lafranco Dettori / Joseph F. Orseno) – 8-1
- Shekky Shebaz (Irad Ortiz Jr. / Jason Servis) – 12-1
- Stubbins (Flavien Prat / Doug F. O'Neill) – 12-1
- Stormy Liberal (John Velazquez / Peter Miller) – 8-1
- Leinster (Tyler Gaffalione / George R. Arnold II) – 8-1
- Legends of War (Rafael Bejarano / Doug F. O'Neill) – 20-1
- Final Frontier (Luis Saez / Thomas Albertrani) – 6-1
- Eddie Haskel (Joel Rosario / Mark Glatt) – 9-2
- Om (Manuel Franco / Peter Miller) – 15-1
- Belvoir Bay (GB) (Javier Castellano / Peter Miller) – 12-1
- Girls Know Best (AE) (Joe Bravo / Eddie Kenneally) – 20-1
- Double Touch (GB) (AE) (John Velazquez / John W. Sadler) – 30-1
Breeders Cup Sprint Entries & Odds 2019
6 furlongs (3/4 of a mile race) on dirt for three-year-olds and older horses. Saturday. the 2nd of November, at 5:36 p.m. ET.
- Catalina Cruiser (Joel Rosario / John W. Sadler) – 4-1
- Hog Creek Hustle (Mike Smith / Vickie L. Foley) – 20-1
- Firenze Fire (Irad Ortiz Jr. / Jason Servis) – 12-1
- Mitole (Ricardo Santana Jr. / Steven M. Asmussen) – 9-5
- Engage (John Velazquez / Steven M. Asmussen) – 15-1
- Shancelot (Jose Ortiz / Jorge Navarro) – 4-1
- Whitmore (Flavien Prat / Flavien Prat) – 15-1
- Imperial Hint (Javier Castellano / Luis Carvajal Jr) – 4-1
- Matera Sky (Yutaka Take / Hideyuki Mori) – 30-1
Breeders Cup TVG Mile Entries & Odds 2019
3+-year-old horses'races on grass of 1 mile. Saturday, the 2nd of November at 6:20 p.m. ET.
- Suedois (FR) (Javier Castellano / David O'Meara) – 20-1
- Lucullan (Luis Saez / Kiaran P. McLaughlin) – 12-1
- Space Traveller (GB) (Daniel Tudhope / Richard A. Fahey) – 12-1
- Trais Fluors (GB) (William James Lee / Ken Condon) – 20-1
- True Valour (IRE) (Drayden Van Dyke / Simon Callaghan) – 20-1
- Got Stormy (Tyler Gaffalione / Mark E. Casse) – 7-2
- Bolo (Julien Leparoux / Carla Gaines) – 30-1
- El Tormenta (Eurico Da Silva / Gail Cox) – 12-1
- Circus Maximus (IRE) (Ryan Moore / Aidan P. O'Brien) – 3-1
- Without Parole (GB) (Irad Ortiz Jr. / Chad C. Brown) – 20-1
- Uni (GB) (Joel Rosario / Chad C. Brown) – 7-2
- Lord Glitters (FR) (Jamie Spencer / David O'Meara) – 12-1
- Hey Gaman (GB) (Lafranco Dettori / James Tate) – 12-1
- Bowies Hero (Flavien Prat / Philip D'Amato) – 12-1
- Caribou Club (AE) (Joseph Talamo / Thomas F. Proctor) – 30-1
- Next Shares (AE) (John Velazquez / Richard Baltas) – 15-1
Breeders Cup Longines Distaff Entries & Odds 2019
The penultimate race is dedicated to 3+-year-old fillies and mares who will run on a dirt track over 9 furlongs (1+1/8 of a mile). Saturday, November 2nd, at 7:00 p.m.
- Paradise Woods (A. Cedillo / John A. Shirreffs) – 5-1
- Ollie's Candy (Joel Rosario / John W. Sadler) – 15-1
- Street Band (Sophie Doyle / J. Larry Jones) – 10-1
- Midnight Bisou (Mike Smith / Steven Asmussen) – 6-5
- Dunbar Road (Jose Ortiz / Chad C. Brown) – 6-1
- Wow Cat (CHI) (Irad Ortiz Jr. / Chad C. Brown) – 15-1
- Secret Spice (John Velazquez / Richard Baltas) – 10-1
- La Force (GER) (Drayden Van Dyke / Patrick Gallagher) – 30-1
- Serengeti Empress (Flavien Prat / Thomas M. Amoss) – 12-1
- Mo See Cal (Paco Lopez / Peter Miller) – 30-1
- Blue Prize (ARG) (Joe Bravo / Ignacio Correas) – 6-1
There is one thing for sure though, we are gearing up for an excellent renewal of the Breeders Cup, with a number of races that look very closely matched.
We have a number of star entries turning up, and some potential future stars in the juvenile races.
As always with this weekend, there’s plenty to keep us glued to the action, and hopefully, we’ll manage to make a bit of money alongside!
Breeders Cup Program & Free Past-Performances 2019
The official program for the two days has been released. There, you will be able to not only access the full race schedule and information about the entries, you will also find the horses' past performances for free. Have a look at our guide on how to read a horse racing program to make sure you do not miss out on any important information.
Click on the images below to open the program.
About the Breeders Cup World Championship Series
The event centers around the Breeders Classic, which is the oldest of the races on offer at the Cup. The Classic began in 1984, and since then has established itself as one of the premier races worldwide.
The venue for the event changes every year, and this year’s venue is an old favorite, being held at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, California.
Since the start of the Classic, which was previously a 1-day event, the Cup has expanded to include the Turf and the Mile races. In total, between all races held, the event has a total prize fund of $30 million.
This guide will take you through the key Breeders Cup entries.
Rules of the Classic Race
The Breeder’s Classic is a race for Grade 1 thoroughbred horses, which is a premier event globally. Breeders Cup Entries must be over the age of 3 in order to compete in the classic, but this varies depending on the race. The Breeders Cup 2019 also holds juvenile races, which allow for younger horses to take part.
The distance of the Classic is 1 ¼ Miles, which is run over a dirt surface on a left hand turning track. Breeders Cup contenders are selected through a number of factors based on past performance in Staked Points and Championship races.
The Breeder’s Classic is an event that selects some of the top thoroughbred racehorses from around the world. Breeders Cup contenders compete for a share of the top prize, which is $3.3 million for the winner. In total, the Classic pays out $6 million total, which includes travel awards for foreign horses.
$6 Million Gross Purse
|Official Finish||Owner Purse||Travel Awards|
Types of Bets
There are plenty of ways for you to bet on the Classic and indeed the other races which make up the Cup. Breeders Cup odds can be taken advantage of online and at the event itself.
In order to discover the best way to bet on horses, here’s a breakdown of some key ways to bet on Breeders Cup horses.
Betting on the outright winner from Breeders Cup contenders is as simple as it sounds. Simply pick a horse to win the given race outright. This represents some level of risk, as only a win will pay out money, so if you choose to do this, make sure you make a careful selection in terms of which horse to back.
A Place bet is a bet which pays out when the horse that you have selected is either placed first or second. This gives you an extra layer of security as opposed to an outright winner bet, allowing you to get some winnings for a second-place finish among Breeders cup Entries.
A Show bet is much like a Place bet, except, quite simply, it pays out when the horse that you pick finished 3rd.
An Exacta bet sees you back 2 horses for the same race. What you are betting on here is a first and second placing for Breeders Cup entries, which both have to happen in order for you to win. This bet represents a high-risk approach but has some of the biggest payouts available.
Bet Online on the Breeders Cup 2019
Its never been easier to bet on all of the races which make up the Breeders Cup than now. Gone are the days of standing out in the rain and having to find a bookie shop to place a bet on a race. Now, there is a huge amount of choice online in terms of how you choose to bet.
There is also a massive amount of competition between different operators, who are offering different odds and promotions in order to attract punters. Players are encouraged to take a look at different online options before betting on the Breeders Cup, so they can be sure to get the best deal possible.
Breeders Cup Round-Up
The Breeder’s Cup, and in particular the Breeder’s Classic are highly anticipated by Horse Racing fans around the world. This premier event has some huge amounts of money and prestige at stake are comparable to the Belmont Stakes, Preakness Stakes or Kentucky Derby.
We hope that this guide has given you some perspective on the Breeders Cup entries this year.