The winner of the 2020 Cheltenham Gold Cup is Al Boum Photo!
The Cheltenham Festival takes place annually at the Cheltenham Racecourse in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire in March.
The race boasts hundreds of millions of pounds bet during Cheltenham Festival Week.
American horse racing betting fans can legally get in on the Cheltenham Betting action from the US.
Cheltenham Horses 2020
Here is the list of Cheltenham Runners for the 2020 Cheltenham Gold Cup.
- Al Boum Photo
- Delta Work
- Clan Des Obeaux
- Presenting Percy
- Bristol de Mai
- Chriss Dream
Cheltenham Race Betting 2020
Cheltenham Betting Schedule
BetAmerica lists the following schedule for the Cheltenham Festival:
- Tuesday, March 10, 2020 | 9:30AM EDT
- Wednesday, March 11, 2020 | 09:30AM EDT
- Thursday, March 12, 2020 | 09:30AM EDT
- Friday, March 13, 2020 | 09:30AM EDT
Unfortunately, it does not appear that the Cheltenham picks are part of the VIP Daymaker promotion.
A star next to “UK – Cheltenham” indicates that it is a bonus track.
A basic breakdown to help you make your Cheltenham picks of the days is offered below:
Day One: Tuesday, March 10, 2020
- Novices’ Hurdle
- Stan James Champion Hurdle Challenge Trophy
- Racing Post Ankle Challenge Trophy
- Mares’ Hurdle
Day Two: Wednesday, March 11, 2020
- 2019 Queen Mother Champion Chase
- Novices’ Hurdle
- RSA Steeple Chase
- Weatherbys Champion Bumper
Day Three: Thursday, March 12, 2020
(Also Saint Patrick’s Thursday, a great day to make some Cheltenham picks)
- JLT Novices’ Steeple Chase,
- The Ryanair Chase,
- The St. Patrick Derby
Day Four: Friday, March 13, 2020
Gold Cup Day
- Cheltenham Gold Cup
- The Triumph Hurdle
- The Albert Bartlett Novices’ Hurdle
I asked BetAmerica’s online chat agent about any special Cheltenham betting. For instance, Cheltenham betting offers, Cheltenham Free Bets or any other Cheltenham picks for the Cheltenham Festival.
Cheltenham Festival, In-Depth Schedule
Day 1: Tuesday, March 10, 2020 – Champions Day
- 10:30AM ET | Supreme Novices’ Hurdle
- 11:10AM ET | Racing Post Ankle Challenge Trophy Steeple Chase
- 11:50AM ET | Ultima Handicap Chase
- 12:30PM ET | Unibet Handicap Chase
- 1:10PM ET | Mares’ Hurdle for the David Nicholson Trophy
- 1:50PM ET | National Hunt Chase
- 2:30PM ET | Novices’ Handicap Chase
Keep an eye out for any Cheltenham betting offers, Cheltenham free bets, or any other Cheltenham picks for the Cheltenham Festival to appear on the website.
Day 2: Wednesday, March 11, 2020 – Ladies’ Day
- 10:30AM ET | Ballymore Novices’ Hurdle
- 11:10AM ET | The RSA Steeple Chase
- 11:50AM ET | The Coral Cup
- 12:30PM ET | Queen Mother Champion Steeple Chase
- 1:10PM ET | Glenfarclas Cross Country Handicap Chase
- 1:50PM ET | Fred Winter Juvenile Handicap Hurdle
- 2:30PM ET | Weatherbys Champion Bumper
Day 3: Thursday, March 12, 2020 – St. Patrick’s Thursday
- 10:30AM ET | JLT Novices’ Steeple Chase
- 11:10AM ET | Pertemps Final
- 11:50AM ET | Ryanair Chase
- 12:30PM ET | Stayers’ World Hurdle
- 1:10PM ET | Brown Advisory and Merriebelle Stable Plate Handicap Steeple Chase
- 1:50PM ET | Trull House Stud Mares’ Novices Hurdle
- 2:30PM ET | Full Walwyn Kim Muir Challenge Cup Handicap Steeple Chase
Day 4: Friday, March 13, 2020 – Gold Cup Day
The Last Day! Make sure to check for any Cheltenham Free Bets!
- 10:30AM ET | JCB Triumph Hurdle
- 11:10AM ET | Randox Health County Handicap Hurdle
- 11:50AM ET | Albert Bartlett Novices’ Hurdle
- 12:30PM ET | Cheltenham Gold Cup Steeple Chase
- 1:10PM ET | Foxhunter Steeple Chase
- 1:50PM ET | Martin Pipe Conditional Jockeys’ Handicap Hurdle
- 2:30PM ET | Johnny Henderson Grand Annual Steeple Chase
There are 14 Grade 1 races during the 4 days of the Cheltenham Festival. In addition, each day features its own championship race.
Cheltenham Festival, Background
The festival takes place in the United Kingdom. It started as a two-day event and has ballooned to a four after many event additions. The race prize money is second only to the Grand National.
The best British and Irish trained horses race together, which is relatively rare during the rest of the season. Because it usually takes place on or near St. Patrick’s Day, it is particularly popular among the Irish visitors and contenders.
Interestingly, Cheltenham is known for its raucous atmosphere, in particular, the “Cheltenham Roar.” “The Cheltenham Roar” is in reference to the great amount of noise that the crowd generates as the starter raises the tape for the commencing of the first race of the festival.
The festival is not without its scandals, however. Last year, six horses died, leading to a British Horse Racing Authority review into equine safety. 17 recommendations were made for how to make the festival safer for the horses this year.
To help you with your Cheltenham Betting, it is a good idea to look at the past winners. The leading trainer (the trainer who trains the most winners in the races over 4 days) for the past two years has been Gordon Elliot. But, from 2013 – 2016 it was Willie Mullins, who also took that honor in 2011.
The event promises to be one of the biggest betting events of the year, as it is most years. There will be 28 races, Grade I to Grade III.
Placing Your Bets
To place your bets, sign up with the operator of your choice and keep an eye out for the promotions listed above. The odds and any special promotions for the Cheltenham Festival will be posted later today or in the morning tomorrow according to the agent I spoke with.
If you miss one day of the Cheltenham Festival, don’t worry, you have three other days to look forward to! Make sure to keep an eye out each day for the odds, the schedule, and any Cheltenham betting offers, Cheltenham free bets, or Cheltenham picks for the Cheltenham Festival, as each day consists of its own unique events.
If you want to get into the spirit, grab a Guinness and shout your heart out during the Cheltenham Roar while rooting for your favorite horse!
Cheltenham Live Streaming
To watch the Cheltenham Live, you can head over to the TVG website or app and stream all the Cheltenham Festival Races.