College bowl betting is a lot more challenging until you really get into it – get to know all the teams, players, and coaches.
As you already know, in order to make better predictions and increase your odds of making money, it is important to be aware of how a certain team performs both home and away games.
Of course, there are lots of other variables that affect the game outcome.
Some of them are completely random and unpredictable, but you can at least make sure that you are aware of the lineups, winning and losing streaks, and the level of reputation that both teams have, in order to increase your college bowl betting odds
What Are All the College Bowl Games planned for 2020?
- December 30: Cotton Bowl
- January 1: Peach Bowl
- January 1: Rose Bowl
- January 1: Sugar Bowl
- January 2: Fiesta Bowl
- January 2: Orange Bowl
- January 11: CFP National Championship Game
College Bowl Games Schedule for 2019
|Dec 29||Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl||No. 10 Florida Gators (9–3) No. 7 Michigan Wolverines (10–2)|
|Dec 29||Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic (Playoff Semifinal Game)||No. 2 Clemson Tigers (13–0) No. 3 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (12–0)|
|Dec 29||Capital One Orange Bowl (Playoff Semifinal Game)||No. 1 Alabama Crimson Tide (13–0) No. 4 Oklahoma Sooners (12–1)|
|Jan 1||PlayStation Fiesta Bowl||No. 11 LSU Tigers (9–3) No. 8 UCF Knights (12–0)|
|Jan 1||Rose Bowl presented by Northwestern Mutual||No. 9 Washington Huskies (10–3) No. 6 Ohio State Buckeyes (12–1)|
|Jan 1||Allstate Sugar Bowl||No. 15 Texas Longhorns (9–4) No. 5 Georgia Bulldogs (11–2)|
|Jan 7||College Football Playoff National Championship||Orange Bowl (Alabama vs Oklahoma) winner Cotton Bowl (Clemson vs Notre Dame) winner|
- 2X Risk-free Bets Up To $2000New customers only. 21+. Get up to a $500 Refund (in Free Bets) if your 1st Fixed Odds Bet loses. Get up to a $1,500 Refund (in Free Bets) if your 1st PointsBetting Bet loses. Eligible clients are entitled to a maximum two (2) refunds. Full T&C Apply. Visit site
- Risk Free Bet Up To $500Place your first real money bet and if it loses, FoxBet will match it as a free bet up to $500. Minimum odds of -200 apply. 21+, T&Cs Apply. CO, MI, NJ & PA only. "If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, help is available." Call 1-800-GAMBLER. Visit site
- Risk-free bet up to $1000The Promotion is only open to individuals who are at least 21 years of age and physically present in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Indiana, Colorado, West Virginia, Tennessee or Iowa during the Promotion Period. To claim, new users need to register, make a first deposit, and then simply place their first real-money wager on FanDuel Sportsbook up to $1000! If a user loses their first wager, Fanduel will refund their loses in the form of a free-bet up to $1000! Full T&C Apply. Visit site
- $50 Free Bet + Deposit Bonus Up to $1000If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), or call or text the TN REDLINE: 800-889-9789 (TN). Visit site
- Get Up to a $500 Risk Free BetNew Patrons of WynnBET who place their First Deposit of not less than $20 in cash and place an eligible Sports Wager within ten (10) days after making the qualifying deposit during the Promotional Period are eligible to receive a Risk Free* First Sports Bet up to a maximum of $500 as a free bet (the “Risk Free* First Sports Bet”). Visit site
- Get Up To $250 Risk FreeNew Customers 21+. NJ only! Free Bet will be awarded if users first ever settled cash sports bet is a loss. Amount of Free Bet awarded is equal to 100% of first ever settled cash sports bet amount up to $250. Full T&C Apply. Visit site
- Sports Bonus up to $250To be eligible, you must be at least 21 years old, playing within the state of New Jersey. New Account holders will be able to use bonus code, 250MATCH, on their first deposit The offer is to deposit and receive 100% up to $250 in bonus money with a 1X wagering requirement. Use bonus code 250MATCH when making your first deposit. Minimum deposit $10. Full T&C apply. Visit site
- Get A $500 Risk Free BetIf you lose your first bet, earn a Free Bet in equal value up to $500 A Free Bet must be used by the Participant within seven (7) calendar days from the date it is awarded or that Free Bet will expire. Free Bet redemption is subject to William Hill House Rules and governed by William Hill General Terms of Service. Visit site
- 100% First Deposit Match with Code "250MATCH"In order to participate in this promotion, the player needs to make a first deposit (of at least $10). During the first deposit process, the player needs to enter the bonus code 250MATCH into the assigned field. Participants must have an active Account to participate. 21+. Pennsylvania only. Full T&C apply. Visit site
Football is one of the most popular sports, not only in the USA and Canada but also in the entire world.
The NFL is the biggest professional American football league, with 32 teams competing each year.
However, to those who are more interested in moneylines, college football playoff games are the most interesting ones to bet on.
It is the part of the year everyone is waiting for when twelve best teams from the NCAA Division 1 Football Bowl Subdivision compete against one another.
As you can see, there are six different games, while the last one is the College Football Playoff National Championship game. Fans are not only enjoying winter holidays by celebrating Christmas and New Years Eve, but also by watching their favorite college football teams compete for millions of dollars!
Rose Bowl Bets
Rose Bowl Game is the first game that was introduced to the audience 116 years ago, in 1902. However, the competition wasn’t held every consecutive year until 1916, which makes this year’s game the 112th consecutive Rose Bowl game!
Teams are playing at the Rose Bowl stadium in Pasadena, CA, with 92,542 seats to receive the same number of spectators. Last year, payout per team was $4,000,000 thanks to the official sponsor Northwestern Mutual, as well as thanks to the tickets, broadcast and static ads.
Rose Bowl also introduced college bowl betting lines to the audience, as people were betting against each other at the stadium even in the early days.
Orange Bowl Bets
As we started with the oldest of them all, we will continue to list games in the order of their appearance throughout the history. That’s why the Orange Bowl is next on our list. First held in 1935 and being played every year since then, it is the second-oldest bowl game in history.
Along with the Cotton Bowl Classic, it has the highest prize per team, standing at $6,000,000, which is 50% more compared to all other games!
Hard Rock Stadium, where the games are being played each year, is home to almost 65,000 people that come and spectate the live game, while millions of people are watching it from their homes and local bars. The official sponsor of the game is Capital One.
Sugar Bowl Bets
Sugar Bowl was established in 1935 and has been held annually ever since then, just like the Orange Bowl. Although the prize is “only” $4 million, over 73,000 people watch the live game every year in Mercedes-Benz Superdome, in New Orleans.
The current sponsor of the game is Allstate. This time we will see Texas Longhorns against Georgia Bulldogs, and, although Longhorns are underdogs, no one doubts that they could surprise Bulldogs and take the win.
Cotton Bowl Classic Bets
Only two years after Orange and Sugar Bowl, the city of Dallas, TX got its own bowl game in 1937. Goodyear as the title sponsor has been making it all possible for a number of years, while the prize is the same as for the Orange Bowl – $6,000,000.
Just like the Orange Bowl, the two teams of the Cotton Bowl are playing semis for the National Championship finals, so college bowl betting rates jump substantially prior to the match because the gamblers are waiting for the best odds to get their bets through.
AT&T Stadium in Arlington, TX, offers 80,000 seats, which makes it the biggest stadium right after the Rose Bowl venue.
Although the draw rules have changed over the years, the committee agreed that hosting a national semifinal is the best idea, which is what they have been doing since 2014.
Peach Bowl Bets
After the establishment of the Cotton Bowl Classic, nothing really happened over the next 30 years. Although the Second World War was the main reason for that, it took 23 years after the war for a new annual bowl to appear. Peach Bowl has been held every year since 1968, in Atlanta, GA.
The prize is $4,000,000, and the sponsor is Chick-fil-A. Before moving to Mercedes-Benz Stadium, the games were played at Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium from 1993 to 2016. The capacity of the new stadium allowed an additional 12,000 spectators to join and enjoy the game every year.
Fiesta Bowl Bets
The last bowl that came on the scene was Fiesta Bowl. The first game was played in 1971, in Glendale, AZ, and went on 47 more times since then. It is currently held in State Farm Stadium, where 63,400 people watch the game each year. College bowl lines had already been developed by the time Fiesta Bowl appeared, so gamblers were able to place bets on the first game ever.
As there haven’t been any unfortunate events (such as World War II) since the last main Bowl game was introduced between Cotton and Peach Bowl, we highly doubt that there will be one anytime soon.
This is so especially because there are 33 other bowl games, with Frisco Bowl being the last one held at Toyota Stadium in Frisco, TX, and sponsored by DXL with the prize of $750,000.
NCAA Football National Championship Betting
- Alabama Crimson Tide
- Oklahoma Sooners
- Clemson Tigers
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The first two are battling in the Orange Bowl, while Clemson Tigers are facing Notre Dame in the Cotton Bowl. Thanks to such amazing teams and their players, online betting has never been so hyped and popular as it is today.
Bookmakers that cover college games revealed the lines just recently. As expected, Alabama is the favorite team to win the championship, with lines sitting at -240.
In just a moment, we will discuss whether it is smarter to bet on the favorite and enjoy a small profit in case they indeed end up winning, or go for the underdog and face with uncertainty. Let’s see what the other options are.
This season, Clemson Tigers got the worst lines of +275. This one just doesn’t make any sense, because even if they get to the finals, you might bet on them for only one match, instead of betting at +275 for two consecutive wins against really strong teams.
Notre Dame and Oklahoma have lines of +1400, which is fair at this moment, to be completely honest.
Who Do You Place Your Money On?
Alabama had +175 preseason odds, and it’s not surprising that they are the college bowl betting favorites with -240. On the other hand, Oklahoma with +1400 is quite a shock. They have an average of 49.5 points per game along with 578 scrimmage yards this season.
Leading the nation with almost 50 points per game is not something to overlook, as anything could happen on the night they play against Alabama.
Alabama didn’t lose a single game during the season, with the current score of 13-0. If you are ready to bet a lot of cash and are pretty sure that they are going to easily win two games in a row, then using the -240 lines in college bowl betting might be a good idea.
But to bet too much money against the team that scored 50 points on average doesn’t sound like a good idea.
Let’s look at the second match, where Clemson Tigers are playing against Notre Dame Fighting Irish. It looks like a similar matchup to the one between Alabama and Oklahoma, but the difference is that Notre Dame team doesn’t have any enviable stats, except that they managed to get into the semis.
With +4000 College bowl betting lines during the season and +1400 at the moment for the championship win, there is not much hope left.
Although Notre Dame and Oklahoma have exactly the same odds, Oklahoma is definitely the team to go for if you were to choose between the two. The only reasons are the stats and overall performance both teams have shown throughout the season.
Even if Notre Dame somehow beats Clemson, which is highly unlikely to happen, they literally stand no chance against Alabama. But then again, football is a magnificent game where anything could happen.
In the end, it all depends on your college bowl betting style, budget, and risk tolerance. If your budget is exceptionally high, then you might as well wait for the finals and bet on the favorite, with maybe a small bet on the underdog.
Why are College Bowl Games Popular to Bet On?
First of all, betting on underdogs in NFL is extremely rough. The odds are constantly high, but the favorite rarely loses to an extreme underdog. On the other hand, most of the teams are similar throughout the season in terms of scores and players quality, which is why you’ll constantly see low odds, such as +110 to +130.
On the other hand, College Bowl Games have younger players who might end up in NFL one day. Due to the lack of experience, even the best of the best make mistakes, which sometimes cost favorite teams their win.
Quite often we see players improve week by week, carrying their team to the win after a losing streak, which rarely or almost never happens to NFL veterans. These are the main factors that may affect your college bowl betting style.
Although you can watch each team 13 times throughout the regular season, Bowl Games are undoubtedly the most anticipated games every year, simply because you are watching the best teams facing each other for a lot of money and in front of tens of thousands of people spectating them live.
Bowl games definitely draw a lot more attention than any of the games played throughout the regular season.
The second reason college bowl betting is so popular is the tradition. As we already mentioned, the first-ever bowl game – the Rose Bowl – had been played in 1902, and it didn’t take long until College Bowl betting had become a huge part of the event itself.
Nowadays, when everyone has a smartphone and internet access, college bowl betting lines are only a few clicks away. All you need is an online oddsmaker or a casino that has fair college bowl betting lines and covers all the division one games and possibly a couple of lower divisions.
Bowl games are approaching, and if you plan on making your college bowl betting plan for the events, you better start doing that as soon as possible.
Be aware of the fact that news that goes public will most likely affect the odds, especially if it is related to unfortunate injuries or some other unexpected things that might happen to players and other team members during the preparation period.