The excitement of NASCAR fans is growing as the start of the new season is getting near. If you already have your favorites, how about learning more about Daytona 500 betting, and enjoying the race even more! Here is everything you should know about the race and placing bets.
Best Places for Daytona 500 Betting
|Operators||Current Bonus Offer|
|SugarHouse||100% up to $250|
|PointsBet||$25 bonus bet + 2 risk-free bets for deposits up to $1,000|
|William Hill||10% of the initial deposit up to $50|
|888 Sport||$10 free no-deposit bonus, up to $500 welcome bonus|
|BetStars NJ||Up to $500 in free bets|
|Caesars Casino||$10 free bet no-deposit bonus, up to $300 first deposit bonus|
|Last verified||Jun 17, 2019|
How to Bet on Daytona 500
Have you picked the driver you think has the highest odds to win Daytona 500? Before you can place a bet, you should learn more about the process.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Choose one of the operators that allow Daytona 500 betting. You cannot go wrong with either one from our list.
- Register for a free account on the desired betting platform and make a deposit to have funds available for placing a wager.
- Pick your favorite bet from the Daytona 500 betting options offered by that operator. Analyze the odds and pick the sum you want to bet on a particular outcome.
- Finalize the bet and wait for the outcome. In case of a positive outcome, you can expect the winnings to appear in your account soon.
Daytona 500 Betting Types
If you want to bet on Daytona 500, you can choose between several betting tips. Let’s take a look at what your options are.
Picking the Winner
Are you feeling certain about the winner of the race? If the answer is yes, how about betting on a particular driver? It may be the simplest bet on Daytona 500, but it is also one that offers tempting odds and high profit.
Another interesting bet on Daytona 500 that you can make is to pick a driver and wager that they will finish in one of the first three positions. The exact place in which they will finish does not matter as long as it is the first three spots.
The Daytona 500 odds are not as tempting as when you pick the outright winner, but you can still make plenty of profit. Make sure to analyze the favorites list carefully and pick a driver that has a chance of a high finish.
Head to Head Bets
As the name of the bet suggests, you will be choosing two drivers and betting which one will place higher at the finish of the race. When you pick head to head bet on Daytona 500, other drivers do not play a role in the race. The only important thing is that your chosen driver places higher in the final ranking than the selected rival.
The odds to win Daytona 500 head to head bet will depend on the drivers you select and who you choose as the winning driver.
NASCAR races are big events, which is why betting platforms often offer special individual bets on particular actions during the race. Instead of choosing a driver based on his odds to win Daytona 500, you will be placing a wager on whether something will happen or not.
You can choose your Daytona 500 favorites and bet on them finishing higher or lower than the set position. For example, you can wager on “Jimmie Johnson finishing over 10.5.” That means you are betting that Johnson will finish in 11th place or worse.
Alternatively, if you trust Johnson’s driving skills, why not bet on him finishing 10th place or better. In that case, you choose the best Daytona 500 odds that “Johnson finishes under 10.5.”
Prop bets can also be related to occurrences during a race. Here are some examples:
- Will there be a crash during the race?
- Which manufacturer will provide the winning driver?
- When will the first caution flag appear?
If the race has already started, you can take advantage of the live betting options. The providers are often creative, so make sure to use the Daytona 500 odds offered to your advantage.
Daytona 500 Favorites
Do you need some help on choosing your favorites for Daytona 500? Our experts analyzed the statistics from previous seasons, so take a look at our picks:
- Brad Keselowski: It doesn’t take an expert to say that Keselowski should place high. He is a former winner, and he also has three top 5 finishes. In 2018, he had three wins throughout the season and he wants to start 2019 the best way he can. That makes him one of the Daytona 500 betting favorites.
- Joey Logano: the current NASCAR champion is also among those who have great odds to win Daytona 500. Logano won the race once and finished in top 5 on five occasions. The interesting thing is that he has been successfully avoiding crashes on this track since 2009.
- Kevin Harvick: if you are looking for a favorite to win the first race of the year, who better than the guy who won eight of them in 2018? Harvick had a great start last year, and there is no reason why he shouldn’t repeat that this time around.
- Some of the other drivers you can consider for your Daytona 500 betting are Denny Hamlin and Clint Bowyer, both of whom look ready for the race.
Closing Words on the Daytona 500
If you are a fan of NASCAR and have extensive knowledge about the series, why not use that to make Daytona 500 predictions and profit. We hope that you are familiar with how Daytona 500 betting works now. The only thing left is to pick your favorites and place bets before the race starts!
Well, it seems one of our suggested favorites has done it! Denny Hamlin is the winner of the 2019 Daytona 500. We hope our advice helped and that your Daytona 500 betting was successful. Check back next year for the 2020 scoop. In the meantime, get ready for the Indy 500 with our handy betting guide.