The excitement of NASCAR fans is growing as the start of the new season is getting near.
BetMGM SportsGet $50 Free on Signup + a $1,000 Risk-Free BetNew users only, 21 or older. Offer available in AZ, CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, LA, MI, NJ, TN, PA, VA, WV, WY only. Full T&C apply. Visit site
Caesars SportsbookUp To $1,250 On Caesars!New players only, 21+. Available in AZ, CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, LA, MI, NJ, NY, PA, TN, VA, WV, WY only. Full T&C apply. Visit site
Given Denny Hamlin’s exciting victory last season, who will be the smartest bet for The Daytona 500 in 2021?
|Driver||Bet on FanDuel Odds*|
|Martin Truex Jr.||+1600|
The Daytona 500 will open the 2021 NASCAR season this year on Sunday, February 14th in Daytona Beach, Florida. This race is known in NASCAR as the race with the “biggest purse” which means Daytona 500 betting comes with some serious winning potential.
If you plan on partaking in some Daytona 500 betting, make sure to do some research and take note of all the Daytona 500 odds. Motorsports betting, unlike other sports betting industries, has a long list of potential winners so the variables for placing bets are also bigger.
Don’t stress though, we’re here to take the guesswork out of Daytona 500 betting to give you the best shot possible.
Daytona 500 Betting Picks 2021
FanDuel has Joey Logano listed at the top of their Daytona 500 picks. Following him are Brad Keselowski and Chase Elliot. The above table shows the Daytona 500 odds currently at FanDuel.
Though these are FanDuel’s Daytona 500 favorites, odds vary between sportsbooks. For this reason, it is important to always make sure you line shop before making your bet. The Daytona 500 odds can be listed differently and it can drastically alter your potential bet winnings.
Here’s an example. Denny Hamlin is currently listed at +1300 on FanDuel Sportsbook, but he’s listed at +1000 on DraftKings Sportsbook. So if you were to bet on Hamlin on FanDuel, you could stand to win more money than you would on DraftKings. These are important distinctions to be aware of. It doesn’t change your wager, but it could affect your winnings.
Daytona 500 Favorites
Do you need some help on choosing your favorites for Daytona 500 and other NASCAR races? Our experts analyzed the statistics from previous seasons, so take a look at our picks:
According to FanDuel Sportsbook’s Daytona 500 favorites, the top five drivers are as follows. These Daytona 500 picks are favored for a variety of reasons. Here is some information on each of them for your Daytona 500 betting fun.
- Denny Hamlin is a 40 year old NASCAR driver known for his consistency in the sport. Hamlin won the Daytona 500 both in 2019 and 2020. He obviously remains a strong contender in this race as well.
- Joey Logano came in 4th at the 2019 Daytona 500 and is favored to do even better this year. At 30 years old, he has already broken records in the sport. At just 18, he became the youngest driver to win a nationwide series.
- Brad Keselowski is a 36 year old NASCAR driver who began his career in 2004. Though he came in 12th during last year’s Daytona 500, he is expected to finish in the top five this year.
- Chase Elliot is the youngest of these Daytona 500 picks. At just 25, he is a good 20 years younger than the oldest driver.
- Kevin Harvick is the oldest driver in these Daytona 500 favorites at 45. Nicknamed “The Closer” and “Happy Harvick”, Kevin has had a celebrated career with NASCAR for 25 years.
Daytona 500 Betting Types
If you want to bet on Daytona 500, you can choose between several betting tips. Let’s take a look at what your options are.
Use your experience to make good picks on the Indy 500 as well.
Picking the Winner
Are you feeling certain about the winner of the race? If the answer is yes, how about betting on a particular driver?
It may be the simplest bet on Daytona 500, but it is also one that offers tempting odds and high profit.
Another interesting bet on Daytona 500 that you can make is to pick a driver and wager that they will finish in one of the first three positions. The exact place in which they will finish does not matter as long as it is the first three spots.
The Daytona 500 odds are not as tempting as when you pick the outright winner, but you can still make plenty of profit. Make sure to analyze the favorites list carefully and pick a driver that has a chance of a high finish.
Calculate your potential bet winnings with this downloadable app.
Head to Head Bets
As the name of the bet suggests, you will be choosing two drivers and betting which one will place higher at the finish of the race. When you pick head to head bet on Daytona 500, other drivers do not play a role in the race.
The only important thing is that your chosen driver places higher in the final ranking than the selected rival.
The odds to win Daytona 500 head to head bet will depend on the drivers you select and who you choose as the winning driver.
NASCAR races are big events, which is why betting platforms often offer special individual bets on particular actions during the race. Instead of choosing a driver based on his odds to win Daytona 500, you will be placing a wager on whether something will happen or not.
You can choose your Daytona 500 favorites and bet on them finishing higher or lower than the set position. For example, you can wager on “Jimmie Johnson finishing over 10.5.” That means you are betting that Johnson will finish in 11th place or worse.
Alternatively, if you trust Johnson’s driving skills, why not bet on him finishing 10th place or better. In that case, you choose the best Daytona 500 odds that “Johnson finishes under 10.5.”
Prop bets can also be related to occurrences during a race. Here are some examples:
- Will there be a crash during the race?
- Which manufacturer will provide the winning driver?
- When will the first caution flag appear?
- The over/under on how many yellow flags there will be during a race.
- Which driver leads during the most laps.
- Which driver will have the best pole position.
If the race has already started, you can take advantage of the live betting options. The providers are often creative, so make sure to use the Daytona 500 odds offered to your advantage.
How to Bet on Daytona 500
Have you picked the driver you think has the highest odds to win Daytona 500? Before you can place a bet, you should learn more about the process.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Choose one of the platforms like Unibet or Fox Bet operators that allow Daytona 500 betting. You cannot go wrong with either one from our list.
- Register for a free account on the desired betting platform and make a deposit to have funds available for placing a wager. Be sure not to miss any available sportsbook bonuses.
- Pick your favorite bet from the Daytona 500 betting options offered by that operator. Analyze the odds and pick the sum you want to bet on a particular outcome.
- Finalize the bet and wait for the outcome. In case of a positive outcome, you can expect the winnings to appear in your account soon.
If you are a fan of NASCAR and have extensive knowledge about the series, why not use that to make Daytona 500 predictions and profit. We hope that you are familiar with how Daytona 500 betting works now. The only thing left is to pick your favorites and place bets before the race starts!