FanDuel has added another betting product to its collection of online betting platforms–FanDuel Racing. This operator is one of the most prominent US online betting staples offering sports betting services, online casino games, and betting on daily fantasy sports (DFS).
When we heard that FanDuel, TVG’s parent company, announced that it had entered a three-year partnership with Kentucky Downs, we knew that horse race betting fans in the US were in for a massive treat. Since launching, it has proven to be a massive success, dealing with a huge number of bettors on a daily basis.
So, what can they expect in terms of available bet types, races, tracks, etc.? Let’s dive into all the relevant details.
Bet Types on FanDuel Racing
First and foremost, most prospective betting fans want to know about available bet types. Players who participate in online horse betting prefer having an assortment of bets at their disposal, so we expected FanDuel to meet their expectations. It also offers a useful guide that walks you through examples of how to place each type of bet.
Fortunately, this brand covers all the most popular bet types, both when it comes to singles and exotics. Here’s what they are.
Single Horse Racing Bets
- Win – One of the most popular horse racing bet types enables you to bet on the runner you believe will win. Of course, the payout depends on the assigned odds, so looking into the horse’s form and career wins will help you come up with your selection.
- Place – If you are unsure whether your selected horse will win the race, but you believe that this runner has a great chance of crossing the finish line, this bet is an interesting option. You will receive a payout as long as your selection finishes first or second.
- Show – This incredibly popular bet type lets you select a runner you believe will finish in the top three positions. It’s a great option for those unsure whether their selection has what it takes to triumph.
Exotic Horse Racing Bets
- Quinella – A quinella is an interesting bet if you want to wager on two horses that you think will come first and second, in either order.
- Exacta – On the other hand, you are wagering on two horses to finish the race first and second, in this specific order by placing an exacta. This is a pretty popular bet as the odds are always exciting.
- Trifecta – This bet falls into the “difficult” category as you need to predict which three horses are going to finish the race in the first three positions, in this specific order. Of course, the payouts are in keeping with the bet difficulty.
- Daily Double – If you believe that a horse will win in two consecutive races, you can try placing a daily double. This bet can come in pretty handy if you are considering betting on the US Triple Crown runners.
- Superfecta – This bet is preferred by players who are experts at combinations, as it’s a winner only if the four selected horses finish the race in the first four positions, in that specific order.
- Pick 3 – Another pretty difficult bet type, but worth considering if you are betting on the Triple Crown, for example. Your runner needs to finish three consecutive races as the winner.
- Pick 4 – If you thought that previous bet was demanding, what about this one– you need to select the winner of four consecutive races.
FanDuel Racing Best Bets
Something that sets this horse betting platform apart from the competition is the inclusion of the “Best Bets of the Day” section. Here, you can find bet suggestions for races taking place all over the world.
You will see three carefully selected bets and some relevant information about them. Firstly, there is the date and time the race is taking place, as well as the name and track number of the runner. Also, you will find a brief description of the runner’s form and the reasons why experts believe the horse should be taken into consideration.
Another interesting part of this offering is the 10% bonus you get on win bets that take place on the track of the day. This allows users to win up to $25 more every day.
One of the big benefits that users of FanDuel Racing get is the ability to live stream races. This means that they will be able to watch the action unfold live and see if their horses come up trumps. Live streaming has become a very popular addition to all sorts of different sports betting and horse racing offerings in recent years. However, some operators do it better than others.
With the FanDuel Racing live streaming offering, you will be able to watch any race that you wish. There are more than 200 tracks all across the world that you are able to watch races take place on. All you need to do if you want to watch a live stream of a race is to go to the section for that particular race and click the ‘Watch Live’ button. You will then be able to see the action in all of its glory.
If you missed a race when it was taking place, you also have the ability to watch replays of each of the day’s races. All you need to do is go to any of the ‘Resulted Race’ options and then click on the ‘Watch Replay’ button.
One of the great aspects of FanDuel Racing’s live streams is that you will be able to watch them through your desktop browser or the mobile app. Therefore, you can watch the racing action when you are on the go or at your desk.
Available Tracks on FanDuel Racing
The ease with which you can navigate around available tracks and race types is simply worth mentioning. You will see two tabs in the Region section– US and International. Additionally, there are three tabs in the Race Type section– Thoroughbred, Harness, and Quarter Horse.
By tapping one of the available tabs, you will be able to see all the upcoming available races. For example, these were the available US tracks at the time we were doing this review.
- Belterra Park
- Delaware County Fair
- Finger Lakes
- Grants Pass
- Harrington Raceway
- Monticello Raceway
- Parx Racing
- Penn National
- Pocono Downs
- Saratoga Harness
- The Red Mile
- Yonkers Raceway
The list of international tracks on FanDuel Racing is also extensive, of course. Here are some of them:
- AUC – Belmont Park
- Century Downs
- Fort Erie
- JP – Tokyo City Keiba
- Melbourne Racing Club
- NZ – Cambridge
- SE – Rattvik
- Woodbine Mohawk Park
- ZA – Vaal
Of course, the availability depends on the horse racing schedule.
FanDuel Racing Registration
Opening an account with FanDuel racing is incredibly easy. And in case you already have a FanDuel account, you can use your existing credentials to log in. On the other hand, here’s what you will need to do to open a new account.
- Firstly, visit the official FanDuel Racing website, tap the “Log In/Sign Up” button and click “Sign up now.”
- After that, enter an email address and pick a username and a password you would like to use.