FanDuel is one of the most recognized names in DFS. Recently, they’ve also opened a sportsbook and casino making them a triple threat in the industry. Between their reputation and betting functionality, FanDuel really sets the bar high.
So if you’re looking to get started with FanDuel signup you’ve come to the right place.
Get for iOS & Android
If you lose your first wager within 7 days, you get a refund of up to $500 in site credit. The credit bonus expires after 14 days. New customers 21+ in CO, IN, NJ, PA, & WV only. Call 1-800-9-WITH-IT for help with a gambling problem. Terms apply.
Steps to Sign up at FanDuel
FanDuel signup is pretty straightforward. To be eligible for a FanDuel sportsbook or casino account, you have to be of legal gambling age (21+) and located in either Indiana, New Jersey, Pennsylvania or West Virginia. Currently, these are the only states that have opened a FanDuel sportsbook and/or casino.
FanDuel Sportsbook Signup
FanDuel signup is relatively easy, but to break it down even further, here is a list of step by step instructions to take any guesswork out of the process. Please note, some bettors may have to download a separate geolocation plugin to be able to complete registration. This will be prompted automatically though if required.
- Navigate to the FanDuel mobile app or desktop site. Once there, make sure you navigate to the “sports” section.
- Next, click the “join now” option and follow the registration instructions. You will be prompted to enter some personal information to ensure you are of legal betting age and located in one of the legal FanDuel states.
- Choose your username and password information and be sure to benefit from any FanDuel new user promos.
- Make sure to also set up your FanDuel payment options so you are ready to cash out on any winnings.
FanDuel DFS Signup
Since FanDuel was originally known as a DFS website and app, it’s still a popular option for bettors. Here is a list of FanDuel signup information to follow when opening a DFS account.
- Visit the FanDuel website or mobile app and click on either “Draft Now” or “Fantasy” to navigate to the DFS component.
- There are fewer eligibility requirements for DFS betting and bettors only need to be 18+ years old. Once prompted, enter your personal information and complete your registration.
- Choose your username and password and make sure to set up your FanDuel payment options.
FanDuel Racing Signup
If you’re looking for the FanDuel signup information for racing, we have some helpful tips for you here.
- First, bettors will have to visit the official FanDuel desktop site or mobile component and navigate to the racing section.
- To open a new account, simply click on the “Join Now” button you will likely see in the top right corner of the page.
- Fill in your personal information as prompted and choose your username and password accordingly.
FanDuel Casino Signup
The availability of the FanDuel casino component varies by state so first, make sure you’re in a qualifying state before attempting to signup. You do not need to be a state resident, you just need to be located within that state. Then, just follow these simple instructions.
- Navigate to the “Casino” section of the FanDuel website or app.
- Enter your personal information as prompted and choose your username and password information.
- That’s it. Make sure you’re aware of any first time user sportsbook promos before betting and then enter your payment information to start wagering.
FanDuel Registrations FAQ
Here is a list of frequently asked questions, in case you have any lingering uncertainties. You can also visit the mobile app or desktop site to access their customer service info or other helpful tips.
Do I have to pay taxes on my winnings?
Yes. When betting with the FanDuel app or any other sportsbook or casino, you should be prepared to report your winnings to the IRS. When betting with 300 to 1 odds, if you win more than $600, FanDuel will automatically send you a W2-G form to report your earnings. A copy of this form is also sent directly to the IRS.
If you win more than $5,000 at 300 to 1 odds, 25% of your payout will be withheld and sent to the IRS in your name. You will also receive a W2-G form and will have to properly file to avoid any tax issues. If you have high earnings, it’s probably best to consult an accountant to make sure you’re in full compliance with your state’s tax laws.
What sports markets are available at FanDuel to be on?
FanDuel has tons of options for betting. Here is a list of current available sports markets. Please note, currently eSports betting is unavailable through FanDuel.
- Football (NFL)
- Baseball (MLB)
- Basketball (NBA)
How do I cash out my bet?
FanDuel offers a cash out option that allows bettors to settle a bet for a certain value before the event is finished. You will know if your bet is eligible to cash out early because it will have a “Cash Out Value” option. To find the value, simply navigate to your betslip on the “Active Bets” tab.
Once you open the “Active Bets” tab you will be able to see all bets eligible for cash out. When you click “Cash Out” you will be prompted to confirm this is what you wish to do. Once confirmed, the traders will review and decide whether to accept your request.
Please note, cash out cannot be reversed and bettors need to be located in the state where they placed their bets to cash out.