Unfortunately, due to the escalating COVID-19 virus, the Grand National Race in 2020 has been canceled.
View this horse racing calendar to see upcoming races around the world.
How to Bet on the Grand National
The Grand National is one of the biggest horse racing events in the world. And it has a huge following to go with it. Even those not familiar with horse racing have heard of the Grand National Race. The Grand National Race will be happening on between April 2nd and April 4th this year. As always, it will be taking place at the Aintree Racecourse in the UK.
Before the event commences, it is always a good idea to do your research on the best Grand National Betting offers. Whenever I am looking at a new site to bet on an event, the first thing I always try to do is find the best promotions available. TVG always has a few running promotions. Just go to the site and click on the “Promos” tab. There you will find a list of the promotions they are running and will be running.
Tiger Roll, the favorite, won Grand National 2019. Now, we will have to wait for a little longer until we find out the entries for Grand National 2020 and their odds. In the meantime, you can get an idea of how Grand National Betting 2020 will look like by reading last year’s predictions below.
Which horses were running in the 2019 Grand National?
While we wait for the Grand National 2020 entries, it is a good idea to check our the the Grand National favourites 2019. We’re presenting you the top three horses to bet on.
Tiger Roll Grand National
Tiger Roll won the 2018 Grand National and is expected to perform even better this year. He is proven over the tricky fences of the race court and has an experienced trainer although the handicapper is expected to lump more weight this time.
- Trainer: Gordon Elliott (Grand National wins, 2007 & 2018)
- Previous Grand National Form: Winner in 2018
- Age: 9
One For Arthur
One For Arthur is the hero of the 2017 Aintree Grand National. We was not able to prove himself during the last season due to injury but chances are high that he will regain his title.
- Trainer: Nigel Twiston-Davies (1 Grand National win, 2017)
- Previous Grand National Form: Winner (2017)
- Age: 10
Pleasant Company had a close race with Tiger Roll in the 2018 Grand National coming in second last year. His ability to handle the fences and the track make him a definite favorite in winning the race this year.
- Trainer: Willie Mullins (1 Grand National Win, 2005)
- Previous Grand National Form: 9th (2017), 2nd (2018)
- Age: 11
The up-to-date full list of horses running at the 2019 Grand National:
- Tiger Roll
- Vintage Clouds
- Anibale Fly
- Lake View Lad
- Jury Duty
- Joe Farrell
- Pleasant Company
- Rock the Kasbah
- Mall Dini
- Step Back
- Minella Rocco
- One for Arthur
- Walk in the Mill
- Up for Review
- Ramses de Teillee
- Out Sam
- Noble Endeavor
- Go conquer
- Vieux lion rouge
- The young master
- General principle
- Tea for two
- Caroles destrier
- Mala beach
- Ultra Gold
- Impulsive star
- Baie des Iles
- A Toi Phil
- Warriors Tale
Where can I bet on these horses?
There are several safe and legal operators that take bets on Grand National. We have reviewed and found the best horse racing betting sites for your convenience.
TVGGet Your First Single-Horse Win Wager up to $200 Back If You LoseNew users only, 21 or older. Full T&C apply. Visit site
AmWager Racebook100% First Deposit Match up to $150New users only. Must be of legal age in the relevant jurisdiction to open a wagering account. Full T&C Apply. Visit site
DRF Bets$200 Deposit MatchNew users only. Must be 18 or older (21 in AL, AZ, IA, IN, KS, NH, ND, WA).Full T&C apply. Visit site
TwinSpires Racebook$400 Sign Up Offer!New users only. Must use promo code on registration to be eligible. $400 bonus cash will be credited in increments of $100 for every $400 wagered. This sign up offer cannot be combined with any other registration bonus offer. Full T&C apply. Visit site
4NJ BetsGet Your First Single-Horse Win Wager up to $200 Back If You LoseNew users only, 21or older. Full T&C apply. Visit site
The Grand National Race History
Searching for Grand National betting offers is fun, but before you start making your Grand National picks or looking for Grand National free bets, you should know a little background about the Grand National Race.
The Grand National Race is 180 years old, starting in 1839. It is held each year at Aintree Racecourse in Liverpool, England. It is what is known as a handicap steeplechase, meaning it is a distance horserace which requires competitors to jump diverse fence and ditch obstacles. The Grand National Race is over 4 miles, 514 yards, with horses jumping 30 fences over 2 laps.
With a prize of 1 million pounds in 2017, it is the most valuable jump race in Europe. Grand National Betting is a strong tradition in Europe, with even those who are not normally interested in horse racing participating. It is estimated that around 500 to 600 million people watch the Grand National Race in over 140 countries. Likewise, Americans are now joining the masses in choosing their Grand National picks.
Grand National Betting Offers
Unfortunately for those of us looking to place some Grand National free bets or use other Grand National Betting Offers, BetAmerica is not offering anything especially related to the Grand National. I confirmed this by clicking the “Help” tab and connecting to an agent using the “Live Chat” feature on the “Contact Us” portion of the website.
I was connected to an agent who was a real person and not a robot almost immediately. My agent looked through the promotions available and in a short time got back to me with the bad news that there are no special Grand National Betting Offers. However, when you make your Grand National picks, you can still take advantage of the 100% Deposit Bonus for new customers as well as the Wager Rewards Program.
The Grand National Schedule 2019
The Grand National Race, the main event itself, takes place at 5:15 pm in the UK, which is 1:15 pm EDT, on Saturday, April 6th, 2019. But there will be events throughout the entire three days. Keeping an eye on the schedule will help you place bets throughout the events on particular races as well as make your Grand National picks. Check back frequently to see if any Grand National Betting Offers appear or Grand National free bets are offered. Here is a schedule of the events for the three days.
Grand National Thursday
A Day for Champions
Thursday, April 4th, 2019
- 9:45 AM EDT | The Merseyrail Manifesto Novices’ Steeple Chase (Grade 1)
- 10:20 AM EDT | The Doom Bar Anniversary 4YO Juvenile Hurdle (Grand 1)
- 10:50 AM EDT | The Betway Bowl Steeple Chase (Grade 1)
- 11:25 AM EDT | The Betway Aintree Hurdle (Grade 1)
- 12:05 PM EDT | The Randox Health Foxhunters’ Steeple Chase (Class 2)
- 12:40 PM EDT | The Betway Red Rum Handicap Steeple Chase (Grade 3)
- 1:15 PM EDT | The Goffs Nickel Coin Mares’ Standard Open NH Flat (Grade 2)
Grand National Friday
Friday, April 5th, 2019
- 9:40 AM EDT | The Alder Hey Handicap Hurdle (Grade 3)
- 10:20 AM EDT | The Crabbie’s Top Novices’ Hurdle (Grade 1)
- 10:50 AM EDT | The Betway Mildmay Novices’ Steeple Chase (Grade 1)
- 11:25 AM EDT | The JLT Melling Steeple Chase (Grade 1)
- 12:05 PM EDT | The Randox Health Topham Steeple Chase (Grade 3)
- 12:40 PM EDT | The Doom Bar Sefton Novices’ Hurdle (Grade 1)
- 1:15 PM EDT | The Weatherbys Champion Standard Open NH Flat (Grade 2)
Saturday, April 6th, 2019
- 9:45 AM EDT | The Gaskells Handicap Hurdle (Grade 3)
- 10:25 AM EDT | The Betway Mersey Novices’ Hurdle (Grade 1)
- 11:00 AM EDT | The Doom Bar Maghull Novices’ Steeple Chase (Grade 1)
- 11:40 AM EDT | The Betway Handicap Steeple Chase (Listed)
- 12:20 PM EDT | The Ryanair Stayers’ Hurdle (Registered as the Liverpool Hurdle) (Grade 1)
- 1:15 PM EDT | The Randox Health Grand National Steeple Chase (Grade 3)
- 2:15 PM EDT | The Pinsent Masons Handicap Hurdle (cond’ and amat’) (Class 2)
Make sure to check on the various Grand National Betting Offers and Grand National picks that will be offered for each individual race, but especially the races on the last day. BetAmerica has a list each day for each race that will be taking place.
Grand National Winners History
In order to make your Grand National Betting choices, whether you’re looking for Grand National free bets or just the best Grand National picks, you should make sure you know the past few winners. That way, you will be fully informed on who the best Grand National picks will be.
Winners of the past 5 years
- 2018 | Tiger Roll – Jockey: Davy Russel, Trainer: Gordon Elliot, Owner: Gigginstown House Stud
- 2017 | One For Arthur – Jockey: Derek Fox, Trainer: Lucinda Russell, Owner: Two Golf Windows
- 2016 | Rule The World – Jockey: David Mullins, Trainer: Mouse Morris, Owner: Gigginstown House Stud
- 2015 | Many Clouds – Jockey: Leighton Aspell, Trainer: Oliver Sherwood, Owner: Trevor Hemmings
- 2014 | Pineau de Re – Jockey: Leighton Aspell, Trainer: Richard Newland, Owner: John Proven
Finally, Placing Your Bets
When it’s time to place your bets with BetAmerica, sign up and check out the promotions discussed in this article. The odds and any special promotions for the Grand National will be posted either the day before or on the first day of the Grand National.
I would recommend using the “Live Chat” feature to double-check on any specials or promotions if you are having trouble. Likewise, try calling the phone number listed if you run into any issues.
Finally, if you miss one day of the Grand National, don’t worry, you have two other days to look forward to! Make sure to keep an eye out each day for the odds, the schedule, and any Grand National betting offers, Grand National free bets, or Grand National picks for the three days of races, as each day consists of its own unique events.
It is important to check out the official Grand National website if you run into any confusion about the events and the event times.
Now, grab a cup of tea, a couple of biscuits, (or a Guinness if that’s more your speed) and watch the Grand National while getting in the UK spirit. Just because you aren’t there in person, doesn’t mean you can’t get into the spirit of the Grand National. So place your Grand National bets, cross your fingers, and hope that the horse of your choosing runs the race of its life! Lastly, we hope you enjoyed Cheltenham betting this year as well!