Read about the horse betting apps we think are the best in 2019.
Best Horse Betting Apps
While sports betting and casino apps have gotten most of the attention lately, particularly in light of the repeal of PASPA in May 2018, horse betting is still quite popular around the US and is legal in most states.
What are the Best Horse Racing Betting Apps in America?
With online horse betting apps, the best ones offer a wide assortment of races not only from around the US but also top horse races around the world. Some operators, like BetAmerica, also offer the option to bet on greyhound races as well.
|BetAmerica: Live Horse Racing||iOS & Android||4.5/5|
|TVG: Horse Racing Betting App||iOS||4/5|
|Xpressbet Horse Racing Betting||iOS||4/5|
|TwinSpires Horse Race Betting||iOS||3.5/5|
Of course, the main thing to look out for when choosing a horse race betting app is functionality. The best apps can lose out if they're too complicated to use, so we make sure all our reviews take into account how simple and straightforward these apps are. T&Cs apply, only players located in states where online horse betting is legal. Much like other gambling options, many horse betting operators are bringing the action online and to mobile apps.
TVG Horse Racing Betting App
TVG offers one of the top horse race betting apps on the market. The TVG app is safe and secure, freeing you up to bet on horse racing events. Moreover, it is the official wagering partner of the Breeders Cup.
You can view track odds just like when you bet in person, and your wagers are combined with the bets placed at the track.
Though only available on iOS right now, TVG does offer a mobile-friendly site for Android users. Our review of the app has a detailed breakdown. Here are some key features.
- Get a full list of races and horses, which can be sorted by time, track, featured, and favorites. Check your bets through My Bets in the app.
- Set alerts so you never miss a race and check the Results tab to see how much you've won.
- Watch live video of your favorite races, with over 120 track feeds to choose from. You can keep an eye on the action while you place bets, or watch in full screen to immerse yourself in the action.
- Never worry about placing a bet in time or taking out your winnings with instant deposit and cash outright in the app.
Get the TVG app here and start betting today with a risk-free bet worth up to $200, T&Cs apply, only players 18 or 21+ depending on your state rules (TVG operates under 4NJBets in New Jersey and PABets in Pennsylvania)
Should You Download the Xpressbet Horse Racing Betting App?
Xpressbet's mobile offering is a great way to bet on horse racing on your mobile device, with an intuitive platform and over 300 races to choose from. The mobile app is currently only available on iOS, but Xpressbet offers a streamlined mobile site experience for Android users. A versatile wager pad enables you to bet on a huge mix of races and wager types. Make sure to read our full review of their app. Here are some key features.
- Easy, one-click access to your account balance and other features, such as the tracklist, banking, and race replays.
- An integrated live video module is always available to stay on top of your favorite races and events.
- A comprehensive mix of betting options means you can bet however you like and diversify your bets.
- More than 300 racetracks all over the world are included so you can always find a great race to follow.
Download the iOS app and choose between three different welcome bonus offers of either up to $20, $100 or $500 in maximum bonus credit. T&Cs apply, only players 21+ located in New Jersey.
Can You Play TwinSpires Horse Race Betting on Mobile?
TwinSpires is a leading horse wagering platform that caters to players who want round-the-clock action. Like others we've mentioned, the TwinSpires app includes races from around the world. Be sure to read our full breakdown of their app. Below are some features you can expect.
- An intuitive, efficient menu makes it easy to navigate between different racecards and their corresponding markets.
- Construct multi-leg wagers in one place, without the need to jump between screens.
- The TwinSpiresTV integration helps you consult their comprehensive race replay library, all easily searched by date, racetrack, or horse.
- Using the TwinSpires app gives you free handicapping info, including free analysis and expert picks. You can even set these up as notifications so you never miss a good bet.
Get the TwinSpires app and receive a $100 sign-up bonus, provided you wager $500 within the first 30 days of signing up. T&Cs apply, only players 21+ located in New Jersey.
How is the BetAmerica Horse Racing Betting App?
The BetAmerica horse racing betting app is the best we've come across. It is easy to use and available on both iOS and Android, which is something many other horse racing betting apps don't offer at the moment. It's visually stimulating and has all the same features as the desktop version. To read more, check out our full review. Here are some highlights.
- You can bet on all of your favorite races in both horse racing and greyhound racing.
- Offers all of your favorite wagers, such as win, place, trifecta, exacta, superfectas, show and all multi-race exotics.
- Live video streaming of every horse and greyhound race with the operator. This includes races from outside the US, such as races from New Zealand, Australia, Canada, Ireland, the United Kingdom, and more.
- Provides a ton of information and derby history, including derby trivia where you can test your knowledge.
Download the app for iOS and get a 100% match deposit bonus upto $100 for first time players. T&Cs apply, only players 21+ located in New Jersey.
Horse Betting Apps on Android
Here are the horse betting apps available in the USA on Android
Horse Betting Apps on iPhone
Find below the horse betting apps available in America for iPhone
- TVG (4NJBets / PABets)
What Should You Look for in Horse Racing Betting Apps?
First and foremost, when you’re looking for the best horse betting apps, trustworthy, secure sites are paramount. Whichever app you choose should be reliable and licensed by the appropriate authorities. Making sure your money is in safe hands and that the brand uses encryption to prevent fraud or anyone accessing your account is a key factor. We get that safety during online gambling isn’t always the most fun to think about, but it’s important to make sure your money doesn't end up in the wrong hands! All the apps listed here are big names with solid reputations and strong brands, backed by the relevant authorities and governing bodies.
When looking for the best casino apps, other considerations will depend on your personal preferences. Likewise, look into reward and bonus structures to get the best deal possible. Be careful though; a generous sign-up bonus is always attractive, but be sure to check that your preferred payment and withdrawal methods are available.
Above all, feeling comfortable and confident using these apps is what makes or breaks the experience. Visually pleasing interfaces increase how much you enjoy betting on an app, so look for one with a style and setup that attracts you. Functionality and ease of use may take priority over other considerations, as the easier an app is to use, the more fun you'll have. Once you get used to one app, try out some others to see what they offer.