Here we give some of the best online sportsbooks for March Madness betting. Plus, find some useful March Madness tips to help you pick the perfect wager.
The tournament is just around the corner, and people are already checking out the March Madness betting lines.
If you want to place bets on some of the teams playing, now is the right time to start thinking about who might make it to the Final Four or even the Championship Game. Hopefully, this article will give you some idea about which teams to choose.
Best March Madness Betting Sites
- Get 2 Risk Free Bets up to $2,000Get up to a $500 Refund (in Free Bets) if your 1st Fixed Odds Bet loses + get up to a $1,500 Refund (in Free Bets) if your 1st PointsBetting Bet loses. Only Available to New Customers in CO, IL, IN, IA, MI, WV, and NJ. 21+ Only. Visit site
- Risk-free bet up to $1000The Promotion is only open to individuals who are at least 21 years of age and physically present in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Indiana, Colorado, West Virginia, Tennessee or Iowa during the Promotion Period. To claim, new users need to register, make a first deposit, and then simply place their first real-money wager on FanDuel Sportsbook up to $1000! If a user loses their first wager, Fanduel will refund their loses in the form of a free-bet up to $1000! Full T&C Apply. Visit site
- $50 Free Bet + Deposit Bonus Up to $1000If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), or call or text the TN REDLINE: 800-889-9789 (TN). Visit site
- Get Up to a $1000 Risk Free BetNew Patrons of WynnBET who place their First Deposit of not less than $20 in cash and place an eligible Sports Wager within ten (10) days after making the qualifying deposit during the Promotional Period are eligible to receive a Risk Free* First Sports Bet up to a maximum of $500 as a free bet (the “Risk Free* First Sports Bet”). Visit site
- Risk Free Bet Up To $500Place your first real money bet and if it loses, FoxBet will match it as a free bet up to $500. Minimum odds of -200 apply. 21+, T&Cs Apply. CO, MI, NJ & PA only. "If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, help is available." Call 1-800-GAMBLER. Visit site
- Sports Bonus up to $250Claim your eligible bonus from within account after login per promotion instructions. Either way, get a 100% match up to $250 on your first deposit. Only one code may be used. First Deposit Bonus may only be claimed once per person. Must be 21+, NJ only. Full T&C apply. Visit site
- Get Up To $250 Risk FreeNew Customers 21+. NJ only! Free Bet will be awarded if users first ever settled cash sports bet is a loss. Amount of Free Bet awarded is equal to 100% of first ever settled cash sports bet amount up to $250. Full T&C Apply. Visit site
- 100% First Deposit Match with Code "250MATCH"In order to participate in this promotion, the player needs to make a first deposit (of at least $10). During the first deposit process, the player needs to enter the bonus code 250MATCH into the assigned field. Participants must have an active Account to participate. 21+. Pennsylvania only. Full T&C apply. Visit site
- 100% Deposit Match Welcome Bonus up to $1000 in your First 4 Weeks1st Deposit - Receive a 100% match up to $500 in Free Bet Credits. 2nd Deposit - Recieve 100% match up to $250 in Free Bet Credits. 3rd Deposit - 100% match up to $125 in Free Bet Credits. 4th Deposit - 100% match up to $125 in Free Bet Credits. New players only. 21 or older. MaximBet is available in CO only. Full T&Cs Apply. Visit site
March Madness Betting Strategy
In the last few years, this Tournament has become extremely popular all across the United States, and it is broadcast on numerous TV networks. The Selection Sunday will happen on March 17. Afterward, the selection committee will officially announce which 68 teams made the cut. After the First Four games have been played, the NCAA Men’s Division I Basketball Tournament will officially start.
During the following three weeks, teams will play First and Second Rounds where it will be determined which teams will take part in the South, West, East, and Midwest Regionals. Once those games have been played, we will know who will participate in the Final Four, and ultimately, in the National Championship game.
In the next few sections, we’ll discuss which teams are the March Madness betting picks. Plus, learn when you can place bets and what March Madness money lines might be like.
Who are the Top March Madness Bets?
When it comes to Tournaments like this, there are usually some favorites from the very beginning. And these teams usually make it to at least the Elite Eight and even win the Championship.
However, last year’s NCAA Tournament had quite a few surprises. Some teams everyone was rooting for didn’t make it to the very end. Instead, the underdogs were the ones to take over the tournament.
The last year’s winner is Villanova. Of course, having won the Championship two years before, this team was among the top March Madness betting selections. It was the teams Villanova played against that nobody expected to get to the final games of this Championship.
That unexpected turn of events led to a big change in the March Madness lines. So, if we speculate about which teams are the best bets, we need to be aware of the fact that it might not turn out the way we want it to.
But, based on all their past performances, we can name a few of our top March Madness betting choices for this year:
As we mentioned, these top picks are based on the teams’ previous performances and how they played in the regular season.
Since this event is among the most exciting and fun ones played in the United States, maybe we should be prepared for some unexpected results. Each team will, of course, give its best to win the National Championship. So, if you’re a big fan of the Tournament, you’re definitely in for a treat.
Should you place your bets now or wait until the Finals?
When it comes to sports betting, there are numerous strategies you can choose to follow. Here, we will mention two of them and list their pros and cons. But, ultimately, which decision you will make, it will be completely up to you.
The first option is placing a bet now before the games have even started. Once the selection committee reveals which teams will participate in the Championship, you can make your bets. You should keep in mind that the March Madness money lines can quickly change.
The upside to this strategy is that, if you get the bets and odds right, the payout will be much bigger once the games are over. If you’ve done your research, if you know how teams play and what are their strong and weak points, you can choose this option.
The other strategy is to wait out until the Final Four or the Finals and place bets then. At that point, the majority of the teams will be eliminated and the choice will be narrower. That way, your decision would be much easier and the outcome would be more certain.
But, by then, the March Madness betting odds would be going towards evens. If you’re not familiar with the term “even odds”, here’s a shorts explanation: if the odds are even, in terms of payouts, it would mean much less money. That’s because it’s easier to guess which team will win.
So, on one side you have a risky decision where you can’t know what will happen, but if you’re right, you can win big. On the other side is a more certain decision, where you already have selected teams that made it to the end, but, the payouts are worse. As you can see, both options have strengths and weaknesses. But, now is the right time to decide which side you will take.
Which team is the safest for March Madness bets?
Deciding on which team to bet can be difficult, especially when there’s 64 of them participating in the Championship. Here, we’re not going to talk about the team that will win in the National Finals, but the team that’s safest to bet on. We’ll mostly base the choice on the team’s past performances.
If we look back a few years, they have 5 NCAA Championships, and they have participated in 11 National Finals games. Last year they made it to the Elite Eight but were eliminated by Kansas. Currently, Duke is considered the best team in its ACC Conference.
Now that one of their top players has recovered from the injury, we think they will go even stronger now than they did before. Of course, we will have to wait and see how it all plays out.
But, based on the team’s preseason and overall performance, we believe that Duke’s Blue Devils will indeed make it to the Elite Eight like they did last year. Perhaps they will even make it to the Final Four or the National Finals since they have a history of playing those games.
For now, let’s take it step by step and see what the competition will be like. Though, maybe we should be prepared for some surprises, just like the 2018 NCAA Tournament has had.
How to place bets on March Madness?
If you’re a sports enthusiast, we are sure you’ve noticed the rise in online sports betting opportunities. The law in some of the US states has been changed, and there are a lot of online sportsbooks such as Pointsbet, bet365, Unibet or BetMGM being launched now.
Of course, you’d have to be in those states where online betting is legal, but there are so much more possibilities for betting on your favorite sports. That includes betting on this Tournament with the best March Madness picks.
Here, we’ll give you a short and simple guide on how you can place your bet and choose the March Madness winners. So, here’s the drill:
- Find your preferred online sportsbook and register by filling out the form with required info;
- Once you’ve done that, choose the payment method and make the initial deposit;
- All you have to do now is find the March Madness lines section and select the game and the team you want to bet on;
- Choose the March Madness odds, enter your stake and that’s it, you’ve placed your bet.
All you can do now is sit back and enjoy the upcoming games, we’re sure they will be very exciting to watch. Also, don’t forget to check out our guide on NBA Playoffs betting.