With so many alternatives to pick from, going to the Hippodrome to watch a horse race is not the only option nowadays. But which live horse racing viewing platform is the best?
Our Choice: betting websites and mobile apps
Horse race betting apps and sites often have streaming capabilities that you can access just by making an account. We briefly review some popular ones.
TVGGet Your First Single-Horse Win Wager up to $200 Back If You LoseNew users only, 21 or older. Full T&C apply. Visit site
AmWager Racebook100% First Deposit Match up to $150New users only. Must be of legal age in the relevant jurisdiction to open a wagering account. Full T&C Apply. Visit site
DRF Bets$200 Deposit MatchNew users only. Must be 18 or older (21 in AL, AZ, IA, IN, KS, NH, ND, WA).Full T&C apply. Visit site
TwinSpires Racebook$400 Sign Up Offer!New users only. Must use promo code on registration to be eligible. $400 bonus cash will be credited in increments of $100 for every $400 wagered. This sign up offer cannot be combined with any other registration bonus offer. Full T&C apply. Visit site
4NJ BetsGet Your First Single-Horse Win Wager up to $200 Back If You LoseNew users only, 21or older. Full T&C apply. Visit site
Also, a large variety of horse race information, promotions and offers can be found on well-known bookmakers’ sites that have a live streaming option as well. Just to give you a glimpse of what you can discover during live racetracks, enquire about the following legal operators within the US:
- BetAmerica (top horsebook in the US);
- TVG (detailed information on past performances);
- TwinSpires (great odds and exciting betting options).
Watch live horse racing online
The internet played a huge role in facilitating live viewing, and all is needed today is a good internet connection. Numerous websites offer not only the possibility to watch the races but up-to-date news regarding the subject too.
- BetAmerica horse betting app
- TVG horse betting app
- TwinSpires horse betting app
- ESPN horse racing section
- TVG2 (formerly HRTV)
TV Channel websites
Major television channels’ websites make sure everybody who is engaged in a way in this sport will be satisfied, so they cover absolutely all the races, providing interviews, information, giving out prognostics about future racetracks and what not.
Just to give you a sample of the TV channel’s websites that have live horse racing streaming, visit:
Watch Live Horse Racing with ESPN
- on this website you will find entries and results;
- the racetracks can be easily watched live without having the need to pay.
- being an equine sports-oriented network, visitors will have a wide range of things to choose from by clicking on this link;
Live Horse Racing on Mobile
For those always on the run, there are mobile applications to be downloaded from the aforementioned websites in order to watch a race live. Some of them have a mobile App version and you can either choose to watch a race on your tablet or on your smartphone. The quality is usually the same.
This type of viewings are high definition and require at least a good wired 3G network. To discover horse racing mobile experience try out the mobile version on some of the websites mentioned above or check for your favorite betting operator mobile applications.
Download these mobile applications, and enjoy entertaining racetrack on-the-go:
- full betting menu with all the riders;
- picks and selections;
- account management capabilities.
The BetAmerica Application
- check racing results anywhere you want;
- get the chance to be constantly up-to-date with interesting racetrack news.
Traditional ways of watching a race
1. Horse Racing Channels
While enjoying an activity we love, it is important to be comfortable and relaxed, with no white noise buzzing us. In this case, watching a racecourse on TV sounds perfect. All the more so, if you have a big screen in front of your sofa.
Over the past couple of years, television channels made a real breakthrough creating sports packages that, at the first glimpse, seem limitless. Horse racing events are broadcast live and fans can contemplate the horse they bet on, if that’s the case, very closely. But that’s not all.
Many programs are dedicated to explain and give fans specialized information regarding a certain race. In this sport, the same rules apply as everywhere else: any tips and advice from experts in the field are always welcomed. We suggest you use your TV remote in favor of:
- TVG2 television channel (all about equine sports: American, international and UK racetracks);
- ESPN+ (including other sports, as well).
2. Pub: for the atmosphere
Bars and pubs know how to keep a customer at the table. The simple fact of having a TV screen in the room will create a homey ambiance.
This way, people will feel comfier, but they will be surrounded by others with the same hobby, even if some are cheering for the wrong horse: your opponent. Regardless, for a couple of hours, you are all in for the same game.
3. Hippodrome: for once in a lifetime moments
There is no other way to truly comprehend what a racecourse is about except by going to the Hippodrome. That’s the ultimate experience, adventure, every gambler, and sports fan must live. That noise coming from everywhere, the tension everybody breathes in, the last-minute unimaginable change of events, the fear and the excitement – can’t be replaced by anything.
Find out about the next must-see horse racing events, and buy yourself a ticket to the biggest horse racing venues in the USA:
- Churchill Downs – Louisville, Kentucky (the Kentucky Derby has been organized here annually since 1875);
- Pimlico Race Course – Baltimore, Maryland (famous for the Preakness Stakes);
- Belmont Park – Elmont, New York (this is the home of the Belmont Stakes racing);
- Santa Anita Park – Arcadia, California (considered the most beautiful racetrack in the world);
- The Pleasanton Fairgrounds – Alameda, California (the oldest one of its kind in the US).
Do not forget to check what is horse racing next big race!