With so many alternatives to pick from, going to the hippodrome to watch a horse race is not the only option nowadays. But which one do you prefer?
Live horse racing online
The internet played a huge role in facilitating live viewing, and all is needed today is a good internet connection. Numerous websites offer not only the possibility to watch the races, but up-do-date news regarding the subject too.
TV Channel websites
Major television channels’ websites make sure everybody who is engaged in a way in this sport will be satisfied, so they cover absolutely all the races, providing interviews, information, giving out prognostics about future racetracks and what not.
Just to give you a sample of the TV channel’s websites that have live horse racing streaming, visit:
The ESPN website
- on this website you will find entries and results;
- the racetracks can be easily watched live without having the need to pay.
- being an equine sports oriented network, visitors will have a wide range of things to choose from by clicking on this link;
- in order to watch HRTV live, you must become a member by logging-in, but you can watch previous racing news and videos for free.
Also, a large variety of horse race information, promotions and offers can be found on well-known bookmakers’ sites that have a live streaming option as well. Just to give you a glimpse of what you can discover during live racetracks, enquire about the following legal operators within the US:
- Derby Jackpot;
- TwinSpires (great odds and exciting betting options);
- BetAmerica (a wide range of promos).
The connoisseurs’ advice: go mobile
For those always on the run, there are mobile applications to be downloaded from the aforementioned websites in order to watch a race live. Some of them have a mobile App version and you can either choose to watch a race on your tablet, or on your smartphone, the quality is usually the same.
This type of viewings are high definition and require at least a good wired 3G network. To discover horse racing mobile experience try out the mobile version on some of the websites mentioned above or check for your favourite betting operator mobile Applications.TVG Mobile App
Download these mobile applications, and enjoy entertaining racetrack on-the-go:
The US Racing App
- daily and weekly horse bonuses;
- results and pools;
- 20% sign-up welcome offers for every newbie.
The BetAmerica Application
- check racing results anywhere you want;
- get the chance to be constantly up-to-date with interesting racetrack news.
- full betting menu with all the riders;
- picks and selections;
- account management capabilities.
Traditional ways of watching a race
1. TV: for coziness
While enjoying an activity we love, it is important to be comfortable and relaxed, with no white noise buzzing us. In this case, watching a race course on TV sounds perfect. All the more so, if you have a big screen in front of your sofa.
Over the past couple of years, television channels made a real breakthrough creating sports packages that, at the first glimpse, seem limitless. Horse racing events are broadcast live and fans can contemplate the horse they bet on, if that’s the case, very closely. But that’s not all.
Many programs are dedicated to explain and give fans specialized information regarding a certain race. In this sport, the same rules apply as everywhere else: any tips and advice from experts in the field are always welcomed. We suggest you to use your TV remote in favor of:
- HRTV television channel (all about equine sports: American, international and UK racetracks);
- ESPN+ (including other sports, as well).
2. Pub: for the atmosphere
Bars ands pubs know how to keep a customer at the table. The simple fact of having a TV screen in the room will create a homey ambiance.
This way, people will feel more comfy, but they will be surrounded by others with the same hobby, even if some are cheering for the wrong horse: your opponent. Regardless, for a couple of hours, you are all in for the same game.
3. Hippodrome: for once in a lifetime moments
There is no other way to truly comprehend what a racecourse is about except by going to the hippodrome. That’s the ultimate experience, adventure, every gambler and sports fan must live. That noise coming from everywhere, the tension everybody breathes in, the last minute unimaginable change of events, the fear and the excitement – can’t be replaced by anything.
Find out about the next must see horse racing events, and by yourself a ticket to the biggest horse racing venues in the USA:
- Churchill Downs – Louisville, Kentucky (the Kentucky Derby has been organized here annually since 1875);
- Pimlico Race Course – Baltimore, Maryland (famous for the Preakness Stakes);
- Belmont Park – Elmont, New York (this is the home of the Belmont Stakes racing);
- Santa Anita Park – Arcadia, California (considered the most beautiful racetrack in the world);
- The Pleasanton Fairgrounds – Alameda, California (the oldest one of its kind in the US).
Watch this video below, and you will know what we’re talking about.